Recording your Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
Follow these steps to capture your GD&Ts and correct any errors.
- Set the OCR Extraction Type to 'Geometric Tolerances' in one of three ways
- Press 'Ctrl + G' on your keyboard
- Click on the 'Document' tab, select 'Geometric Tolerances' above 'OCR Extraction' in the ribbon
- Right-click on your drawing, select 'OCR Extraction', and select 'Geometric Tolerances'
- Place your cursor inside of the GD&T feature control frame
- Left-click and drag to draw a rectangle around the GD&T information inside the frame
- Avoid capturing the borders of the frame for best results
- Updating your results is done in the 'Properties/Preferences' panel on the left-hand side of the page
- Under 'General', the frame's GD&T symbol, tolerance, and any datums will be displayed in separate fields
- Use the GD&T symbol drop-down or free text fields for the tolerance and datums to make corrections
- Click on the paper and pencil icon above the grayed out rectangle to make any additional edits in the 'Value' box