This article discusses two instances relating to InspectionXpert crashing and Dell computers. These issues are:
- You are unable to open InspectionXpert and you are using a Dell computer
- When you click on a new/existing project from your Dell computer InspectionXpert goes into 'non-responding', greys out, and eventually stops working
If this occurs please follow these steps:
- Go to your computer’s Control Panel
- Go to 'Programs'
- Go to 'Features'
- Look to see if you have 'Dell Backup and Recovery'
An issue was discovered with the 'Dell Backup and Recovery' software that causes certain applications to crash. Have a look at the article linked below. This can provide more insight.
With your IT department’s approval:
- Uninstall the 'Dell Backup and Recovery' software
- Reboot the computer
- Launch InspectionXpert
- Open a new or existing project
Please contact InspectionXpert Customer Success if you have any additional questions: 1-800-379-0322, option 2